First Patan Durber Square- not to be confused with Kathmandu Durber Square or Bhaktapur Durber Square- they used to be 3 separate kingdoms then were united in 1768- but their Durber Squares were all pretty similar-

Pashupatinath- a sacred Hindu funeral compound where I saw corpses being cremated (I'll spare you the pics here but warning they're on Picasa) on the Bagmati River (one that I'll never run)- and while this is not the Monkey Temple (see previous visit to Kathmandu) there were monkeys present which are always awesome-

And also went to Bodnath- a sacred Tibetan Buddhist Stupa-

On the flight out of Kathmandu this morning we had clear skies and excellent views of the Himalaya- including Everest! I don't know how safe it was for the captain to announce it since everyone on the right side of the plane jumped over to the left side to look at Everest but it was exciting (and incredibly lucky) to get to see it- unfortunately I didn't have my camera handy so no pics :-( But plenty of other pics from the Annapurna trek and new stuff from Kathmandu are up now-
I'm now spending the night in Bangkok and head to Phnom Penh, Cambodia tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment